Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

River James

Today I had my 20 week ultrasound, and, yes, it's a boy!

At a 13 week ultrasound my doctor thought he was a girl, and so did I. But then at 17 weeks we saw that he was most certainly a boy after all. Today was the official verdict. He's still a boy.

When I thought we were having a girl, it was fun to think of things like bloomers and dresses, but as soon as we found out he is a boy, I felt a huge amount of relief. I know what to do with a boy. We have all the boy stuff. And we have the perfect boy name: River James.

So, at today's scan, we discovered that he likes to use the placenta as a pillow. And he even measured exactly acording to his due date: April 27.

It's fun to think of Liam with a brother, and also a little overwhelming. They'll be quite the handful.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!

    No prairie bonnets for this baby. :) But I think it's great...you have the stuff, and you get to do the boy thing again, which is great. We have loved having a boy and would have been happy with another, too. A blessing, either way. Can't wait to meet River!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we have given you a little preview of the joys and frustrations of two boys. Let me give you one little hint...life if more peaceful if they don't have to share a room.

    ReplyDelete