Liam is going to be the flower boy for Molly's wedding next month, and he needed a little ivory suit. Naturally, I'm making it for him.
It's made from a linen/cotton blend, and I'm using Butterick 6894.
I made the coat first, which turned into several attempts since the pattern was way too big. There was lots of seam-ripping involved, but I finally got it just right.
I reduced the size of the matching vest based on how much I eventually took in the edges on the coat, but it turned out way too small... More seam-ripping. At least I hadn't trimmed the seam allowance yet, so I was able to leave the teeniest of seam allowances and it fits just right.
I wanted to get the full effect for a picture, but I absolutely could not find his white button-up, which I distinctly remember bringing home from the thrift store and washing a month or so ago. It was not hanging in his closet. Not in his t-shirt drawer. Not with the "saving-for-when-they-fit" clothes. Not with the suit materials...
So, here are the coat and vest (sans white collared shirt) on a not-so-willing model.