Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

10 honest things

Crystal just finished her own list of 10 honest things about herself and has nominated me to do the same. So, here goes.

  1. In the last week, I've only taken 2 showers. I know, kind of gross. I'm glad for the cold weather and the excuse to wear hats.
  2. Being a stay-at-home mom is totally fulfilling to me. I don't feel stifled or the need to go out and do a "real" job, this one is more than enough. Somedays it is the happiest part of my life.
  3. Somedays, the happiest part of my life is going to bed at night.
  4. My favorite part about being pregnant is food. Tonight's dinner: the flying burrito. Mmmm.
  5. I have a specific order in which my groceries must be unloaded from the shopping cart and onto the conveyor belt. Gabe knows not to mess with the system. It's very important to me.
  6. I started this year's Christmas crafting in June.
  7. I have been resisting the urge to play Christmas music until the proper time (the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's Eve). Okay, I already cheated once and sang along with James Taylor's holiday album one afternoon last week. But since then, I've overcome temptation.
  8. Attending Grace Episcopal Church since June has been a much needed breath of fresh air.
  9. Friday night is Grey's Anatomy night. My mom comes over, we push the couch in front of the computer, and we all (including Gabriel: he's also a big fan) are transported to Seattle Grace Hospital. Yes, it's my favorite night of the week.
  10. This one is hardest to admit: I really love the Twilight Saga. It's so bad that several Sundays ago, during the appointed reading

My lover is like a gazelle or a young stag. Look! There he stands behind our wall gazing through the window, peering through the lattice. - Song of Solomon 2:9

I immediately thought of Edward's love for Bella, and it gave me a clearer picture of God's love for me. Yes, it's that bad.

So, there it is. 10 randomly honest things that popped into my head tonight. I think I'm supposed to nominate seven people to do the same. Here's my pick:


4 comments:

  1. I cannot stop laughing so hard over the Edward/Bella Bible verse thing!!! That is the most hilarious thing I have read in a while!!! I was just laughing about another line from Twilight that made me laugh today...when Bella wonders if Edward's face could be any more "gloriously angelic"....he's a VAMPIRE!!! Hahahahahaha! You totally crack me up! Now I guess it's my turn to be brutally honest...gulp.

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I finally added this blog to my feeder. ;)

    TAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha YES! when i first moved in with you guys and we went shopping i distinctly remember gabe telling me "let her unload the groceries, i know you want to help but we'll all be happier if you just let her do it"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list. I will think about doing one, since you did nominate me.

    ReplyDelete