Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving week -part 1

We are having Thanksgiving at our house this year with my mom, Linda, and Linda's boyfriend Ethan. It's not a large crowd, but you'd never know it based on the amount of food I bought over the weekend.

It's a traditional menu:
  • Turkey with Stuffing
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
  • Roasted Sweet Potatoes
  • Green Beans
  • Rolls
  • Pickles, Olives, Chevre, and Crackers
  • Chocolate Fudge
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Pecan Pie

And I'm doing what I can in advance to make Thursday's meal as easy as possible.

Today:

  • Started the bread for the stuffing. I'll bake it tomorrow.
  • Made cranberry sauce, with and without whole berries.
  • Made, and sampled, chocolate fudge.
  • Put the turkey in the fridge to thaw.

It was a full morning in the kitchen, especially since I made cranberry thumbprint cookies for us to munch over the next few days, and a loaf of ricotta sandwich bread for breakfasts in the meantime.

Definitely my kind of morning.

1 comment: