It's a traditional menu:
- Turkey with Stuffing
- Cranberry Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Pickles, Olives, Chevre, and Crackers
- Chocolate Fudge
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pecan Pie
And I'm doing what I can in advance to make Thursday's meal as easy as possible.
- Started the bread for the stuffing. I'll bake it tomorrow.
- Made cranberry sauce, with and without whole berries.
- Made, and sampled, chocolate fudge.
- Put the turkey in the fridge to thaw.
It was a full morning in the kitchen, especially since I made cranberry thumbprint cookies for us to munch over the next few days, and a loaf of ricotta sandwich bread for breakfasts in the meantime.
Definitely my kind of morning.