Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

cilantro

I grew up 5 minutes from the Mexican border, which means I grew up eating lots of cilantro.

I love the stuff. It tastes like freshness.

Gabriel hates the stuff . He says it tastes like soap.

When we first got married, there was an entire list of foods he hated and refused to even try. Of course, many of these were foods I loved. Somehow, he's a bit more wiling to try it if I grew it in our garden. If he turns his nose up at a dish on the table, all I have to say is that it came from our garden, and he'll at least give it a try.

This is the story of the sweet potatoes. They used to be the worst. After several summers of growing them in our garden, they are now one of his favorite foods. Triumph!

This is my first try with cilantro. I snuck some into an early spring greens salad the other night. There were no complaints...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. this reminds me of your eggplant lasagna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cilantro too! I usually grow a bit in our backyard, but it seems like it always goes to seed very quickly.

    ReplyDelete