Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

the Halls must be crazy

Once upon a time, our living room looked like this:
And then we decided it realy needed a woodstove So, we (meaning Gabriel and Micah) took out the window and a big chunk of the wall:
The woodstove will sit in its own niche in the wall, complete with foundation.
with a freshly poured (and cantilevered) concrete slab for the hearth.
it was very messy

At the moment, Gabriel is working on framing the chimney and closing the big whole in the wall. It's been pretty cold in here.
I am looking forward to the day I can relax in front of the warm and cozy fire with a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other... This image is getting me through the mess I call a living room.
More pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is looking so cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete