Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Some days you just need a little extra

Today has been one of those low days. It is really cold outside, and I just can't seem to get warm; Liam is teething; I'm having to deal with things far beyond my maturity and parental level, things I'm tied to despite both my willing and unwillingness; and I'm just tired.

In the mail today, I received a birthday package from my mom and a card from Crystal. My mom sent a replacement merino wool sweater (the one she gave me for Chrsitmas went through the hot washer and dryer the next day), eco-friendly dish towels, and the comfiest lounge pants I have ever worn, which of course are made of green materials and I'm wearing them right now.
Crystal's card is handmade and beautiful, and it is the nicest thing anyone has ever written for me.

Sometimes you just need to feel extra loved. Right now I do.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. too bad the card didn't get there on your actual birthday! Oh well. Seems like you got the general sentiment :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your sentiment about dealing with things beyond your maturity and parental level is exactly how i feel sometimes!

    so glad your week is turning around because of such thoughtful loved ones:)

    ReplyDelete