This time around, I knew I definitely wanted two changing stations: one upstairs and one downstairs.
We moved our old changing table (actually more of a potting bench that Gabriel made as an entertainment center for our first apartment) up into our bedroom, along with a small diaper pail, a shelf for diapering essentials, and a lamp.
Gabriel came up with plans to build a new changing station/storage unit for the boy's room downstairs, and we purchased the accompanying storage bins on our Ikea Trip.
But then I found this great old buffet on Craigslist for FREE!!!
It needed a bit of work, but was a solid piece with a lot of potential. As we drove away after picking it up, Gabriel kept saying I can't believe they just gave this away...
Some sanding, several coats of paint, new glide tracks for the bins, and two new drawer pulls later, we have this:
It goes perfectly in their room, with plenty of space for all of the diapering essentials, some toy storage, and a place to put the fish tank.
I made a new diaper changing pad from some soy-based foam, wool batting, and leftovers from the Ikea fabric I used to cover the new rocking chair cushions.
I have a few more finishing touches before their room is done. When it is, I'll post some pictures.